We’re looking for Data/Visual Journalists to join RFE/RL’s Digital Media Units established within the framework of RFE/RL’s Balkan regional bureaus – in Belgrade (Serbia), Podgorica (Montenegro), Prishtina (Kosovo), Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Skopje (Macedonia). We’re offering 12-18 month specified term employment agreements under local employment conditions. The Data/Visual Journalist focuses primarily on collecting, creating and using data and graphics in order to distill complex topics (e.g. economics and corruption) into user friendly, compelling, engaging, interactive, and interesting story presentations for multiple platform use (digital, web, social media & TV). S/he will take a direct role in the daily analysis of data production of info graphics, charts, graphs, etc. Collaborates with graphic designers and other specialist staff from across the organization both in Prague and in the bureaus. The incumbent is expected to stay on top of world news, attend editorial meetings, communicate with clarity, and keep a flexible schedule.
- Produces in-house info graphics regularly, under deadline pressure, with RFE/RL language service or news agency material, writing scripts and accompanying story content that is suitable for digital and multiple platforms which may be easily translated into multiple languages.
- Generates ideas to develop and build info graphics (charts, maps, info-graphics and interactives) from conceptualization to delivery.
- Acquire, curate, and edit data sets for infographics and interactives.
- Identify and/or build new digital templates for RFE/RL’s Balkan Service
- Work with RFE/RL journalists and editors to help them add value to their stories with strong visuals.
- Attends editorial meetings and consults with stakeholders throughout the entire production process.
Kontakt i prijava: Mreža mira